Tuesday, February 22, 2022

HOOTSUITE BLOG POST grade (week 4)

 

Photo Credit: martechseries.com


          I must admit that I have never heard of Hootsuite until this week. I was curious on what it was all about and was it worth the price tag that comes along with it. If you're unsure of what Hootsuite actually is let me enlighten you. Hootsuite is a social media management system. It allows you to manage multiple platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and the list goes on. Typically you would need to log into each platform individually and schedule posts, updates and track messages. With using Hootsuite it ultimately allows you to mange them from one platform and covers every aspect of a social media manager. My first initial thought was, "Wow this seems easier and helpful!" 
I then continued to look into many aspects of the pros and cons of using a management system such as Hootsuite and those you can find listed below. 

Photo credit: TALKBITZ.COM


PROS OF USING HOOTSUITE

The first thing that I did notice was that Hootsuite did offer a FREE plan! It seems nothing is free now a days so seeing this was a bonus. You can schedule updates, keep track of messages and work as a team within Hootsuite. There is an app as well which helps when traveling or on the go. Another thing I liked was the amount of information and advice they have to offer a business, individual or group who want to grow their business or just excel within the social media world. After all, Hootsuite does integrate with a large number of social media networks!

Cons OF USING HOOTSUITE

The first complaint that I had was the amount of information provided to me at one time within the site. It was a bit overwhelming and there seemed to be the same information repeated more than once. Then I dug a bit deeper and realized that Hootsuite is expensive. Yes, they do offer the free plan but it's very limited. The other plans offered ranged from $49 a month up to $739 a month. Personally I would rather take a few extra minutes from my day and log into the different platforms and post any updates, news and so fourth. Also, with google and many other resources out there I feel you could find a lot of the same information and advice for free.  In the end I would not pay for their services and don't believe it's for me personally.

Photo credit: business2community.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

HOOTSUITE CERTIFICATION BLOG POST GRADE (week 15)

 💪 Hootsuite 👈  Up until I started my spring semester at LCCC, I had never heard about Hootsuite. I had moments were the site was pretty b...